As the new Managing Director of AquaTerra, I have had the privilege of witnessing some significant milestones over the last 6 months. From winning major contracts to fostering a flexible and loyal team, I am excited to put my stamp on the future and explore the potential of our organisation.
My Standout Moment:
Taking on the role of Managing Director has been a personal high for me in the last 6 months. I am grateful for the trust and confidence Peter Robinson and the team have placed in me to lead the business forward. Shifting from working “for the business” to working “on the business” gives me an exciting opportunity to steer our organisation toward greater success and create a lasting impact.
What Makes AquaTerra Special:
For me, it’s always our people. Throughout the challenges posed by the COVID-19 pandemic, our team has demonstrated admirable resilience and resourcefulness. Each member has stepped up and embraced additional responsibilities, especially since I’ve moved over from Technical Director to Managing Director. Their dedication and commitment to our company’s success gives me great pride and confidence in the future.
What’s next for AquaTerra?
Now, more than ever, collaboration plays a crucial role in our industry. As a team, we really understand the value of strategic partnerships and actively seek opportunities to collaborate with other companies. By leveraging our expertise and knowing when to join forces, we have successfully tackled challenging projects and provided enhanced benefits to our clients. This collaborative mindset has not only expanded our capabilities but has also fostered a sense of collective growth and success within our industry.
Reflecting on the last six months, AquaTerra Group is poised for a future of growth and success. We have an exceptional team and we are committed to finding innovative, resourceful solutions that really get under the skin of our clients’ challenges. As Managing Director, I am proud of the progress we have made and excited about the opportunities that lie ahead. By embracing flexibility, nurturing our team, and forging meaningful collaborations, we are well-equipped to shape the future of our organization and industry as a whole.
Stephen Taylor, AquaTerra’s Managing Director since January 2023, joined the AquaTerra team in Summer of 2016 as Manager – Engineering Projects, before becoming Engineering Director and then Technical Director.
Over the past months, we have hit several major milestones as a business:
- In the last 12 months, we were delighted to win significant contracts for AquaCLAM with three clients, which has seen the tool in action on offshore and inshore projects in the North Sea.
- In the first half of the year, our tendering activity has been consistently high and we are ahead of target to meet our ambitious turnover projections this year.
- AquaTerra Group’s products have had a great six months, with the installations of AquaShim® at their highest levels to date. This achievement not only reflects the quality and effectiveness of our products but also highlights the trust our clients place in our reliable solutions.
- The formation of our Marine Services division, along with the addition of well-respected professionals, Frank Hall and Andy Proctor, has expanded our capabilities and enhanced our service offerings. We’re delighted to have the right team in place to deliver some real growth in that sector in the coming years.
- Completing our new website in March was another significant milestone for the first half of 2023, defining and showcasing our sectors on a clear, well-presented platform. It has given us a strong foundation to launch our marketing activity, which has been going at pace ever since.