04 May Practical Management of Work at Height Unit 7
Practical Management of Work at Height Unit 7
This course is designed for candidates who are actively involved in Working at Height and also management and supervisory roles to ensure compliance with working at regulations.
It provides an outline of the legislation, equipment standards, the process of a safe and systematic approach to working at height, detailed knowledge of the hierarchy of risk selection of working at height methods and work at height supervision.
Training is given in the correct practical use of PPE along with theoretical knowledge and intended purpose.
Half a day classroom theory and presentation and half a day practical demonstrations. Candidates will be assessed by means of multiple choice question paper.
Duration: 1 day
People: 15 (max)
- Hierarchy of Risk
- Scaffold Towers
- Mobile Elevating Work Platforms (MEWP’s)
- Personal Fall Protection Systems
- Fall Arrest
- Personal Fall Protection Equipment
- Equipment Inspection
- Organisation and Planning
- Risk Assessment
- Rescue and Emergency Planning
- Demonstration and Inspection of Equipment
- WAH Risk Assessment Exercises
- Practical Exercises and Demonstrations –
- Ladder Selection and Inspection
- Ladder Use and Safety
- Donning/Doffing Equipment
- Anchor Point Selection
- Simple Ascending/Descending
- Access from Above and Below
- Passing Obstacles
- Work Positioning Techniques
- Simple Rescue Techniques
This 1 day training course is delivered at AquaTerra House on every Thursday of the month.
To confirm if places are available please contact us today.
To enquire about training delivery at your own premises/site, please place these requests into the form below.