This course is designed for candidates who are actively involved in Working at Height and also management and supervisory roles to ensure compliance with working at regulations.
It provides an outline of the legislation, equipment standards, the process of a safe and systematic approach to working at height, detailed knowledge of the hierarchy of risk selection of working at height methods and work at height supervision.
Training is given in the correct practical use of PPE along with theoretical knowledge and intended purpose.
- Course Objectives: ½ day classroom theory and presentation and ½ day practical demonstrations. Candidates will be assessed by means of multiple choice question paper.
- Hierarchy of Risk
- Scaffold Towers
- Mobile Elevating Work Platforms (MEWP’s)
- Personal Fall Protection Systems
- Fall Arrest
- Personal Fall Protection Equipment
- Equipment Inspection
- Organisation and Planning
- Risk Assessment
- Rescue and Emergency Planning
- Demonstration and Inspection of Equipment
- WAH Risk Assessment Exercises
- Practical Exercises and Demonstrations -
- Ladder Selection and Inspection
- Ladder Use and Safety
- Donning/Doffing Equipment
- Anchor Point Selection
- Simple Ascending/Descending
- Access from Above and Below
- Passing Obstacles
- Work Positioning Techniques
- Simple Rescue Techniques
The scheduled course dates below are for training to be delivered at AquaTerra House.
If these dates are not suitable, or you would like to enquire about training delivery at your own premises/site, please use the button below to send an enquiry
11 Apr 2019
25 Apr 2019
9 May 2019
23 May 2019
6 Jun 2019
13 Jun 2019
20 Jun 2019
4 Jul 2019
18 Jul 2019
1 Aug 2019
15 Aug 2019
29 Aug 2019
19 Sep 2019
10 Oct 2019
24 Oct 2019
7 Nov 2019
21 Nov 2019
12 Dec 2019
There are currently no scheduled dates for January 2020, please get in touch if you require more information.
There are currently no scheduled dates for February 2020, please get in touch if you require more information.
There are currently no scheduled dates for March 2020, please get in touch if you require more information.