This course is relevant to persons responsible for marshalling other vehicles and pedestrians whilst a vehicle is reversing/manoevering.
- Demonstrate the skills, knowledge and understanding of the role between driver and marshall, to assist in the manoevering of a vehicle.
- Demonstrate the skills and knowledge to safely signal to and direct a reversing vehicle.
- Ensure the safety of marshals, pedestrians and vehicular traffic.
- Relevant regulations/legislation
- Site accident statistics and reporting requirements
- Risk assessment
- Driver visibility and visibility of marshals
- PPE recommendations
- How to ensure delegate safety
- How to ensure safety of public/drivers
- Vehicle awareness and dangers
- Inspection of site and discussion
- Positioning of various vehicle marshals
- Signals/standing positions when directing pedestrians and reversing vehicles
This course has no scheduled dates and will be run at client request only. To send a booking request for this course, please click the button below.
The candidate must:
- attend the entire course
- complete and pass the written assessment paper
- adhere to the course content and demonstrate the required practical application techniques
Certificates awarded after successful completion of the course will be valid for a 3 year period after which re-certification must take place.