The Fire Extinguisher course has been designed to give a basic level of understanding and competence in how to identify and utilise First Aid Fire Fighting Equipment.
Upon completion of the course the candidate will be able to:
- Act safely, promptly and effectively with emergencies at work
- Use First Aid Fire Fighting equipment including Fire Extinguishers
- Understand the duties of employers and employees
- Understand the basic principles of fire and how they are classified
- Recognise circumstances in which fires can occur and how to prevent occurrences
- Establish immediate priorities in an emergency situation
- Recognise the need for early referral to the emergency services
- How to identify and correctly operate First Aid Fire Fighting Equipment
- Health and Welfare Information
- Theory of combustion
- Classifications of Fire
- Fire Prevention
- Actions in the Event of a Fire
- First Aid Fire Fighting Equipment
- Practical Exercises and Demonstrations
This course has no scheduled dates and will be run at client request only. To send a booking request for this course, please click the button below.
The Candidate must:
- attend the entire course
- adhere to course content and demonstrate practical skills as outlined in the course notes
Certificates awarded after successful completion of the course will be valid for a three year period after which recertification must take place.