To ensure that personnel with DGSA responsibilities can:
- Monitor compliance with the rules governing the transport of dangerous goods
- Advise their organisation on the transport of dangerous goods
- Prepare the annual report to the organisation on the activities concerning dangerous goods
- Monitor the practices and procedures relating to the activities of the organisation concerning the transport of dangerous goods
Use of The Carriage of Dangerous Goods by Road and Use of Transportable Pressure Equipment and ADR Regulations in order to ensure a thorough understanding of:
- The Regulations
- The Properties of Dangerous Goods
- Dangerous Goods Classification, Packing and Labelling
- Packaging Types and Segregation
- Transport Categories and Scope
- Vehicle Marking and Labelling
- Vehicle Equipment
- Operational Procedures such as Loading, Unloading, Parking, Supervision and Breakdowns
- Training Requirements and Responsibilities for all Staff involved in the Transport of Dangerous Goods by Road
- Multimodal Shipments
- Functions of the DGSA
Each topic will be reviewed and tested throughout the 4 day course. Day 4 is a revision day held prior to the exam. During the revision day, time will be allocated to exam preparation including the use of past papers.
This course has no scheduled dates and will be run at client request only. To send a booking request for this course, please click the button below.
The candidate must:
- attend the entire course
- adhere to course content and demonstrate the required practical application techniques
The DGSA Vocational Training Certificate (SVQ) is externally examined in the UK by the SQA. For information and assistance with booking the examination, please contact us or visit http://www.sqa.org.uk/dgsa/.
Certificates awarded after successful completion of the course will be valid for a five year period after which recertification must take place.