The objective of this course is to ensure that students can prepare a Dangerous Goods Shipment in accordance with the Requirements of the IATA Dangerous Goods regulations or verify that a Dangerous Goods Shipment has been properly prepared for acceptance by an Operator.
To ensure that personnel responsible can:
- Understand and apply the IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations
- Understand their responsibilities
- Classify dangerous goods according to the type of hazard and degree of danger
- Identify Proper Shipping Names
- Identify dangerous goods which are forbidden for air transport
- Understand and apply the information contained in the List of Dangerous Goods
- Correctly pack dangerous goods in the appropriate packaging
- Mark and label packages
- Document shipments
- Accept or reject a shipment based on the above
- Appropriately handle and stow dangerous goods
- The IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations
- Classes, UN Numbers, Proper Shipping Names and Packing Groups
- Identification and the List of Dangerous Goods
- Marking and Labelling
The scheduled course dates below are for training to be delivered at AquaTerra House.
If these dates are not suitable, or you would like to enquire about training delivery at your own premises/site, please use the button below to send an enquiry
28 Feb 2019
There are currently no scheduled dates for March 2019, please get in touch if you require more information.
25 Apr 2019
30 May 2019
27 Jun 2019
25 Jul 2019
29 Aug 2019
26 Sep 2019
31 Oct 2019
28 Nov 2019
19 Dec 2019
There are currently no scheduled dates for January 2020, please get in touch if you require more information.
The Candidate must:
- attend the entire course
- have a valid Dangerous Goods by Air Certificate
- adhere to course content and demonstrate the required practical application techniques
- receive an 80% pass mark on the examination
Certificates awarded after successful completion of the course will be valid for a two year period after which recertification must take place.