The objective of this course is to ensure that students can prepare a Dangerous Goods Shipment in accordance with the Requirements of the IATA Dangerous Goods regulations or verify that a Dangerous Goods Shipment has been properly prepared for acceptance by an Operator.
To ensure that personnel responsible can:
- Understand and apply the IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations
- Understand their responsibilities
- Classify dangerous goods according to the type of hazard and degree of danger
- Identify Proper Shipping Names
- Identify dangerous goods which are forbidden for air transport
- Understand and apply the information contained in the List of Dangerous Goods
- Correctly pack dangerous goods in the appropriate packaging
- Mark and label packages
- Document shipments
- Accept or reject a shipment based on the above
- Appropriately handle and stow dangerous goods
- The IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations
- Classes, UN Numbers, Proper Shipping Names and Packing Groups
- Identification and the List of Dangerous Goods
- Marking and Labelling
The scheduled course dates below are for training to be delivered at AquaTerra House.
If these dates are not suitable, or you would like to enquire about training delivery at your own premises/site, please use the button below to send an enquiry
23 Apr 2020
28 May 2020
25 Jun 2020
30 Jul 2020
27 Aug 2020
24 Sep 2020
29 Oct 2020
26 Nov 2020
17 Dec 2020
There are currently no scheduled dates for January 2021, please get in touch if you require more information.
There are currently no scheduled dates for February 2021, please get in touch if you require more information.
There are currently no scheduled dates for March 2021, please get in touch if you require more information.
The Candidate must:
- attend the entire course
- have a valid Dangerous Goods by Air Certificate
- adhere to course content and demonstrate the required practical application techniques
- receive an 80% pass mark on the examination
Certificates awarded after successful completion of the course will be valid for a two year period after which recertification must take place.