The aim of this course it to provide delegates with an understanding of handling of substances hazardous to health and of the control of substances hazardous to health regulations and to help delegates understand how substances hazardous to health cause harm in order to help them identify suitable controls and manage activities involving these materials safely.
Upon successful completion delegates will have the required skills and practical experience to conduct effective COSHH Assessments.
Managers, Supervisors and personnel involved in activities using or processing substances hazardous to health.
Personnel responsible for conducting or participating in COSHH assessments.
The aim of this course is to provide understanding and awareness of the hazards posed by substances hazardous to health and how to manage and mitigate their effects by effective assessment and control methods.
- How substances hazardous to health cause harm
- Definition of the classification
- Finding out about the properties of substances hazardous to health
- Definition of terms used to describe the hazards
- Risk phrases and their use
- Routes into the body
- The principles of COSHH assessment
- Pitching the assessment at a suitable and sufficient level
- COSHH essentials - the HSE system
- Control strategies
- An example COSHH assessment
- Monitoring and surveillance
- Demonstration and practice
The scheduled course dates below are for training to be delivered at AquaTerra House.
If these dates are not suitable, or you would like to enquire about training delivery at your own premises/site, please use the button below to send an enquiry
25 Jan 2018
1 Feb 2018
22 Feb 2018
29 Mar 2018
26 Apr 2018
There are currently no scheduled dates for May, please get in touch if you require more information.
11 Jun 2018
28 Jun 2018
26 Jul 2018
30 Aug 2018
10 Sep 2018
27 Sep 2018
25 Oct 2018
29 Nov 2018
27 Dec 2018
The Candidate must:
- attend the entire course
- adhere to course content and demonstrate the required practical application techniques
Certificates awarded after successful completion of the course will be valid for a three year period after which recertification must take place.