05 May OPITO Authorised Gas Tester
OPITO Authorised Gas Tester
The Authorised Gas Tester role is critical in testing for and ensuring safe working atmospheres, in particular: permit controlled confined spaces, and prior to and during hot work. This course is designed to provide the basic training, knowledge, assessment and certification requirements for Authorised Gas Testers. The aim and objectives of the Authorised Gas Tester training programme is to ensure that personnel preparing for a gas tester role are equipped with the knowledge to conduct gas tests for oxygen levels, flammable and toxic gases safely. This training programme also equips the delegate with knowledge to conduct gas testing within confined spaces and awareness of associated confined space hazards. Delegates will also learn about relevant legislative requirements, gas measuring and monitoring equipment and documenting gas test results.
Duration: 2 days
People: 12 (max)
- Confined space criteria
- The hazards of operations within an oxygen deficient, toxic or flammable environment
- Carrying out a suitable and sufficient risk assessment
- Using safe systems of work
- The implications of organisational and statutory requirements
- Interpreting operational requirements
- Selecting and using PPE and RPE
- Working within the Permit to Work system
- The operating principles of atmosphere monitoring and measuring equipment
- Gas detector pre-start checks
- Calibrating the instruments used in atmospheric testing
- How to set up the relevant detector for each gas testing application
2021 course dates to be confirmed for training delivered at AquaTerra House.
To enquire about training delivery at your own premises/site, please place these requests into the form below.