06 May Dangerous Goods Safety Adviser (DGSA)
Dangerous Goods Safety Adviser (DGSA)
To train Supervisors and Managers of organisations with Dangerous Goods by Road shipments to be Dangerous Goods Safety Advisers as required by The Carriage of Dangerous Goods by Road and Use of Transportable Pressure Equipment and ADR Regulations.
Supervisors or Managers responsible for performing the DGSA function. Please be aware that this exam is for Supervisor level staff as the course and exams are SVQ level. It is preferred that attendees have experience in dangerous goods.
Duration: 3 days
Use of The Carriage of Dangerous Goods by Road and Use of Transportable Pressure Equipment and ADR Regulations in order to ensure a thorough understanding of:
- The Regulations
- The Properties of Dangerous Goods
- Dangerous Goods Classification, Packing and Labelling
- Packaging Types and Segregation
- Transport Categories and Scope
- Vehicle Marking and Labelling
- Vehicle Equipment
- Operational Procedures such as Loading, Unloading, Parking, Supervision and Breakdowns
- Training Requirements and Responsibilities for all Staff involved in the Transport of Dangerous Goods by Road
- Multimodal Shipments
- Functions of the DGSA
Each topic will be reviewed and tested throughout the 4 day course. Day 4 is a revision day held prior to the exam. During the revision day, time will be allocated to exam preparation including the use of past papers.
This course has no scheduled dates and will be run at client request only. To send a booking request for this course, please fill in the form below.