06 May COSHH Assessor
The aim of this course it to provide delegates with an understanding of handling of substances hazardous to health and of the control of substances hazardous to health regulations and to help delegates understand how substances hazardous to health cause harm in order to help them identify suitable controls and manage activities involving these materials safely.
Upon successful completion delegates will have the required skills and practical experience to conduct effective COSHH Assessments.
Duration: 1 day
People: 8 (max)
- How substances hazardous to health cause harm
- Definition of the classification
- Finding out about the properties of substances hazardous to health
- Definition of terms used to describe the hazards
- Risk phrases and their use
- Routes into the body
- The principles of COSHH assessment
- Pitching the assessment at a suitable and sufficient level
- COSHH essentials – the HSE system
- Control strategies
- An example COSHH assessment
- Monitoring and surveillance
- Demonstration and practice
This course has no scheduled dates and will be run at client request only. To send a booking request for this course, please fill in the form below.