06 May Asbestos Awareness and Non-Licensed Work
Asbestos Awareness and Non-Licensed Work
The information provided in this Asbestos Training is based on the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012, Approved Code of Practice L143 2nd edition, “Managing and Working with Asbestos”. The course is divided into 2 main areas of training:
Asbestos Awareness: This training is required when the employer or duty holder cannot demonstrate that the site is asbestos free and should be given to employees whose work will knowingly disturb the fabric of the building and expose them or to those who supervise or influence this work to asbestos.
Non Licensed Asbestos work including Notifiable Non Licensed Work: This training is required in addition to the awareness training for those whose work will knowingly disturb asbestos containing materials (ACMs) and is defined as Non licensable Work (NLW) or Notifiable Non Licensed Work (NNLW). Additional task specific information should be given alongside instruction and training. A record must be kept of this training.
Duration: 1 day
- The properties of asbestos and its effects on health
- The types, uses and likely occurrence of asbestos containing materials (ACM’s) on site and in equipment
- How to avoid the risks from asbestos
- Emergency procedures
- The tasks which could result in asbestos exposure and the importance of preventative controls
- How to make a suitable and sufficient risk assessment
- The control limit and the purpose of air monitoring
- Safe work practices, control measures and protective equipment
- Maintenance of enclosures
- Following company procedures
- selection, use, maintenance and storage of appropriate PPE
- Respiratory Protective Equipment management and Face Fit Testing
- Hygiene requirements
- Requirement and procedures for medical examination for those engaged in NNLW
- Decontamination procedures
- Waste handling procedures
- Emergency procedures
- Which work requires notification as NNLW and which work requires n HSE licence (Licensed Asbestos Work)
- Overview of relevant legislation and guidance (including that pertaining to the carriage and disposal of asbestos)
- Other work hazards
The scheduled course dates below are for training to be delivered at AquaTerra House.
If these dates are not suitable, or you would like to enquire about training delivery at your own premises/site, please place these requests into the form below.